Saturday, October 18, 2008

I Think I'm Dying

So, for the past two months and counting I have been horribly sick. No, I do not have terminal cancer, even though I think this is what it feels like, I'm just pregnant. I will be 14 weeks on Monday and I am hoping to feel like a normal human being soon. Our little one should be showing up sometime around April 20th. It is rather exciting to think that we are going to have a cute little baby around the house soon. However, delivering the baby will be a little awkward since I work in labor and delivery. My co-workers will be seeing things no one ever intends their co-workers to see, but at least I already have a pretty good idea of what to expect. We will keep you posted on the sex of the baby come December. Hooray for Baby Darby!!!

During our last Dr. visit, we got to see some great shots of the baby during the ultrasound. We got to see our cute baby squirm in my tummy. One of the shots that she got was perfectly head on and oh my gosh, our baby has an alien face. It was kind of freaky. We are hoping he/she starts looking a little more human like soon.

13 comments:

Candace said...

Oh wow, congratulations! I am so excited for you that is so fun. I am sorry you haven't been feeling well, but it is all worth it. You are going to be the best Mommy. Keep me posted!

Tiffany said...

Congrats! How exciting for you and your family!

Trisha said...

YAY!!! We are so so excited for you guys! And yes, we did kind of fingure it to be :) Congrats!!!

StarScout said...

I could have told you the daddy was alien. No question. Love you!

Cherie said...

YEAH!!!!! I'm so stinkin excited right now :) You are going to be such a wonderful mom and I can't wait to see how absolutely adorable that baby is going to be :) I hope you start feeling better soon. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting to hear this news from you! Congrats! You will be such a cute prego! I'm so sorry to hear you've been so sick, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you start feeling better soon. But i am laughing a little about the thought of your coworkers getting to know you oh so well in the delivery room!

lisa c. said...

Congratulations!! I just saw you the other night and not a word! I guess the BYU game wasn't the best place to announce:) Baby Darby..so fun!

EM said...

Hooray for a new baby Darby! I hope your genes eventually overpower Ryan's alien ones so we get a cute nephew or niece or whatever! hee hee Good luck on the sick thing. I'm sure you know it will pass- but for some people it really doesn't! hee hee again, you'll be fine! Much love.

The Jungle Explorer said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you. I feel for you on the sick thing, but hopefully it will pass soon. I'm just glad that you're finally passing on the beautiful people genes - mankind thanks you.

The Jungle Explorer said...

I haven't decided whether the baby widget is cute or creepy. I'm sure your actual baby is a lot cuter.

Keep in touch: (www.jensen-jungle.blogspot.com)

SmAsh

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!!! I am so excited for you! You times it out perfectly too - im jealous you will miss being HUGE in the dead heat of summer! Remember to post LOTS of belly pics for us :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!
Oh and here is our blog address http://diehliciousnews.blogspot.com/

J U L I E said...

OH MY GOSH! I am so excited for you guys! Darby- you little rascal! We are only like 2 weeks apart too! That is so crazy. I hope you get better soon; I had no idea just how bad morning sickness could be and I pitty anyone enduring it. I can't wait to see some pictures!