Friday, June 27, 2008

Ryan's New Look

So haircut time is not a happy time in our household. I have to beg Ryan for weeks to cut his hair and then when I finally corner him and force him into a chair he requires me to rent him a movie or he will not sit still, but I must say that even with a movie running, I have about 10 minutes before Ryan starts to squirm. I have never seen anyone hate getting their hair cut so much. Well, in the beginning of June it was hair cut time again and Ryan thought it would be a good idea to cut a mohawk. I of course said no, but he pleaded. I told him that he could have a mohawk for a week, since we were going up to Utah that weekend to go camping, but he had to shave it off when we got home. So the clippers came out. Ryan was so excited. It was like watching a kid on Christmas morning. He has never sat so still for a hair cut. I think Ryan was happier after getting his mohawk than he was the day we got married.


Well, the next day we got a call from the Stake presidency at church saying they wanted to meet with Ryan that night. Of course Ryan couldn't go meet with the Stake presidency with a mohawk. He made all efforts to comb it down to make it look normal, but there was no way he could fool them. We had to shave it off. I think Ryan was the saddest I had ever seen him. He was utterly depressed. The mohawk that he was to have for a week (which was already far to short of a time in his eyes) was now cut down to 24hrs. Well at least we got some great pictures. Ryan is now sporting the buzz cut.

3 comments:

Patrick said...

I'll say it again. Ryan, you sold out, scared of a little StaKe President Interview.

Jaymie said...

Nice hair! Sarah told me about that a while ago so I'm glad I finally got to see the picture. I'm sorry your happiness was so short lived though.

StarScout said...

Ryan's lack of ability to hold still while getting a haircut may be directly related to the torture he endured while getting his hair cut when he was little... No, wait, it was me that had to endure the torture of a squiggly, screaming something.