Friday, March 28, 2008

My in-laws hate me



Just when I thought I was winning them over too. Last weekend Sarah and I went up to her parents house to spend a lovely Easter...or so I thought. We got there Saturday night and spent a nice evening talking, it wasn't until Sarah and I went to bed that I found out their true feelings for me. I woke up in the middle of the night with a million "bug bites." They itched like crazy!!! It got so bad that I had to go in to the urgent care. The doctor there said that I have contact dermatitis. The only way I could have gotten it is coming in contact with some poisen ivy on Saturday. Since I spent the whole day in a suit UNTIL I went to bed, the only way it could have gotten on my legs is if someone planted poisen ivy in my bed. I'm not going to point fingers, but Mark is going to get it.

Here's a couple pictures of what he did to me for your viewing pleasure. The first is tuesday in urgent care and the bottom picture is today after almost a week.

Oh, one more thing. Don't throw away your wife's wedding ring. Not only does she not like it, but you have to go dumpster diving to get it back.

4 comments:

StarScout said...

Oh yuck. You could have at least wiped up the draining goo. Talk misery. I hear Alaska has no poison ivy - or oak for that matter.

Laura and Joseph said...

If your wife shared the bed with you, and she is not inflicted, are you so sure that it was Matt? After all, you did throw away her ring.

Laura and Joseph said...

Not Matt, but Mark.

Maren said...

Maybe its karma for throwing away her ring. Or maybe it preemptively struck because you would have gotten a horrible rash from dumpster diving anyway.